Greeneggsandtam

When weak coffee just won't suffice.

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Moustache offensive

I don't want to go home today.
Sometimes I ask myself why relationships are so hard. I'm afraid the answer is I am relatively nuts. I did something inexplicably silly.
Last night I was helping R at his office when I happened upon some Christmas cards from other businesses on his desk. One of them was a photograph card from a woman I neither like nor approve of. I am jealous and I realize it isn't healthy to feel this way. It's not good for the relationship and it's not good for me. It wasn't a card different from any other card you'd get from a business. Signed by the company and a group photo on the front.
It was a smallish photograph really. I lost all sense of reality, grabbed a pen and drew a tiny little moustache across her face.
Now I don't want to go home. He won't think it's funny or cute.
He won't be thinking it will be a good laugh in about a year.
No, it's not relationships that are hard, it is that I am hard to have a relationship with.
And now I don't want to see what blowback there will be from the moustache offensive.

1 Comments:

Blogger miss.nicola said...

Don't feel bad about the stuff that makes you human. If that's the most offensive thing you're doing in the relationship then you've got nothing to worry about! (says the girl who can't keep a date...)

9:47 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home