Weekend Update
...so in order to make up for the turkey debacle, I offered to host the Christmas party.
Which brings us to the segment about Guitar Hero, the weekend guests, a very weird dream and the fact that I have once again put off Christmas shopping until the last minute.
We'll start off with the Guitar Hero. I've mentioned time and time again that I don't have the know-how to brave technology without ever-present teenagers. (The fact I even have a blog never ceases to amaze me.)
The staff came over Friday night.
We guitar heroed, we karaoked, craniumed, and we scene-it.
I am so not rock. I thought, "How hard can it be to press some color coordinated buttons to songs that are totally familiar?"
Hard. Totally beyond my ability, apparently.
I became the person that no one could lose against. People didn't just not want to lose, they didn't want to lose specifically against me. I thought for awhile that maybe the little pseudo-guitar thing I was using was broken, and then with head pounding clarity came to the conclusion that most people strum the guitar in conjunction with fingering the notes. The fact that I was only pressing a button didn't stop that little confusion. And halfway through every single song I attempted, you'd hear a cry..."OOOH RIGHT...I FORGOT!!"
Why don't they have Flute Hero, or a Trombone Hero??
Getting to the company. R's oldest son and his girlfriend came to visit this weekend. It was a great visit. I like them. Very much.
Last night, after a very long, very celebratory weekend, I dreamt about the Vice Principal. It was scary and sexual in nature. I saw him today, turned bright red, and could not look him in the eyes. I don't think I ever will again. I think most people are certain when they have a dream like that, that other person somehow knows about it. This is how I feel today.
I have to...simply have to start my Christmas shopping!!
I am a last minute person, til' the end!
(Nice pun.)
I went shopping just this morning for my secret santa at Mac's convenience store. I can tell you that they don't offer an awful lot of holiday shopping fare. I opted for a Toblerone. I am no good.
Which brings us to the segment about Guitar Hero, the weekend guests, a very weird dream and the fact that I have once again put off Christmas shopping until the last minute.
We'll start off with the Guitar Hero. I've mentioned time and time again that I don't have the know-how to brave technology without ever-present teenagers. (The fact I even have a blog never ceases to amaze me.)
The staff came over Friday night.
We guitar heroed, we karaoked, craniumed, and we scene-it.
I am so not rock. I thought, "How hard can it be to press some color coordinated buttons to songs that are totally familiar?"
Hard. Totally beyond my ability, apparently.
I became the person that no one could lose against. People didn't just not want to lose, they didn't want to lose specifically against me. I thought for awhile that maybe the little pseudo-guitar thing I was using was broken, and then with head pounding clarity came to the conclusion that most people strum the guitar in conjunction with fingering the notes. The fact that I was only pressing a button didn't stop that little confusion. And halfway through every single song I attempted, you'd hear a cry..."OOOH RIGHT...I FORGOT!!"
Why don't they have Flute Hero, or a Trombone Hero??
Getting to the company. R's oldest son and his girlfriend came to visit this weekend. It was a great visit. I like them. Very much.
Last night, after a very long, very celebratory weekend, I dreamt about the Vice Principal. It was scary and sexual in nature. I saw him today, turned bright red, and could not look him in the eyes. I don't think I ever will again. I think most people are certain when they have a dream like that, that other person somehow knows about it. This is how I feel today.
I have to...simply have to start my Christmas shopping!!
I am a last minute person, til' the end!
(Nice pun.)
I went shopping just this morning for my secret santa at Mac's convenience store. I can tell you that they don't offer an awful lot of holiday shopping fare. I opted for a Toblerone. I am no good.

1 Comments:
You've learned how to bold words, too. You're amazing!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home