3X
Happy New Year.
I'm back at it. I don't like it, but I'm back at it nonetheless.
The holiday held for me some fantastic family and friend fellowship.
Overall it was a good holiday.
Plenty of suprises.
Once again I'm astounded at the sheer awfulness of R's gift giving ability.
I think he becomes mentally compromised at every gift giving occasion. This year he even outdid the time he bought me a microwave for my birthday.
This time he opted for a poorly thought out and ....(drumroll please) very, very large housecoat from the plus-sized ladies store.
He phoned me on Christmas Eve to ask what size I am.
"Size 12 - where are you?" I asked.
"The book store." he says.
"Oh, okay. Well... we'll see you later honey." I say with a certain amount of trepidation.
Not to be disappointed with my suspicion, the next morning I opened up a box with a size 3X housecoat in it.
His daughter was embarrassed for him.
"I'm sorry. You're like, not even a plus size. What was he thinking?"
I don't know. Honestly.
I've decided that if it's that important to me, I should definitely just ask for a gift card, or give explicit instructions as to what I want, and where to get it.
I'm back at it. I don't like it, but I'm back at it nonetheless.
The holiday held for me some fantastic family and friend fellowship.
Overall it was a good holiday.
Plenty of suprises.
Once again I'm astounded at the sheer awfulness of R's gift giving ability.
I think he becomes mentally compromised at every gift giving occasion. This year he even outdid the time he bought me a microwave for my birthday.
This time he opted for a poorly thought out and ....(drumroll please) very, very large housecoat from the plus-sized ladies store.
He phoned me on Christmas Eve to ask what size I am.
"Size 12 - where are you?" I asked.
"The book store." he says.
"Oh, okay. Well... we'll see you later honey." I say with a certain amount of trepidation.
Not to be disappointed with my suspicion, the next morning I opened up a box with a size 3X housecoat in it.
His daughter was embarrassed for him.
"I'm sorry. You're like, not even a plus size. What was he thinking?"
I don't know. Honestly.
I've decided that if it's that important to me, I should definitely just ask for a gift card, or give explicit instructions as to what I want, and where to get it.

1 Comments:
O Dear. Several years ago, my mother urged my husband to design a web-based wish-list for our family. It really helps. My Mum's a great gift-giver, and she knows her own limitations. Now, she easily provides just the right geeky items for her delighted son-in-law.
Also, we frequently do joint gifts for Christmas and our anniversary. Instead of getting another sweater or DVD, we choose something for our home and get it together. This year it's going to be karaoke software. I'm so excited.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home