Greeneggsandtam

When weak coffee just won't suffice.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Deranged and Irresponsible.

I wonder how many prairie blogs will mention the weather today.
Count me in. It's chilly today.
I've no idea how I manage to choose the days which are the most inconvenient to go to the gym, but this is indeed the case and as a result I drove to work with frozen hair.

I was reading a post written by Warren Kinsella on the National Post website and he quoted a guy who said that blogs were a "vanity press for the deranged".
I had a good giggle at that, and here I sit.
It was his response to the band of lunatics who regularly comment on the site I mentioned in my last post. I was overwhelmingly appalled by these bigots, but I guess it is important to remember that these folks only really comment on the news, for what it's worth.

I can't believe how irresponsible I am with my Visa. I wanted to stop after the gym to get a coffee, a piece of fruit and a water, but all I had was my Visa. So I grabbed a magazine thinking how ridiculous it would be to pay for a coffee with my Visa, and the damned bill came to 18.00!
I just payed 15.00 for a magazine! There were people behind me in the line who were good enough to wait for me to run out to my car to get the stupid card in the first place so I thought it might be rather presumptuous to go browse for another less costly magazine. I only bought it because it said - Get Your Best Body Ever!!!
Sadly I think my "best body ever" days are long since gone and frankly those weren't that shit hot either.
Maybe there will be a good recipe in it.

The weekend was so good. R and I traveled a couple hours to go and see his son in a play. It was fantastic. He is a talented and lovely person.
We met at a pub with some friends of mine who, I'm glad to report are healthier and happier than last year. Schmutzie and the Palinode They are the sort of couple who are always wonderful to be around. Smart, funny and the most accepting people you'd want to meet. Even if you didn't they'd want to meet you.
They've been through an awful lot the past year and it was just so pleasing to see them walk through the door, wave, smile, and sit down.
They are also the sort of couple who I just can't see without one another. I simply can't imagine my dear Schmutzie without her husband. It's nice to be around people like them. Insert happy sigh.
Okay. Gotta go and be an adult to some degree.

1 Comments:

Blogger Elan Morgan said...

You are so freaking sweet.

11:01 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home