Greeneggsandtam

When weak coffee just won't suffice.

Monday, January 21, 2008

Budget 2008

Okay. Well I knew it would come to this.
Like I said. I've been reading the blog of some ultra right wing whack job who lives in my beloved province, within twenty minutes of me. She and her weird cronies who comment on her site are offensive and filled with bigotry and hatred. They don't like the Muslims, they don't like the Indians, they don't like the immigrants and they truly believe that the white man is the true underclass. They take target practice on the Human Rights Commission. I love them. ahem..
It makes me shiver to believe these folks are for real. But so be it. I guess they are.
I like to check in with them, to try to gain some insight.
None so far, but I usually finish reading having lost my appetite so I guess they aren't completely useless. Anyhoo, I was going somewhere with this.
Someone on that site posted that the government has opened up the Budget 2008 consultation to an online Survey. They were cautioning the readers to take the survey in order that they have their say on the godless immigrants amongst other things. I thought I'd like to participate too, as sort of an attempt to negate at least one of their lousy opinions. Heehee. I've shared my opinion with the Government to increase spending on social programming, healthcare, the Human Rights Commission, divert funds away from sending troops anywhere, and increase spending in the area of Immigrants to Canada. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling to know I've made a small contribution. Even if it is primarily to spite the right.
You too can do the survey!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home