Greeneggsandtam

When weak coffee just won't suffice.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Sustainable Relationship

Happy Wednesday,
Just here in my classroom whiling away a prep period.
Today:
All I seem to read about lately is weight loss, weight loss, and wait.... haha
I'm inundated with calories, resistance training, and a sports bra that could harness Mr. Ed.
I will hopefully find another interest in the spring - when I can actually bike to work instead of drive to the gym to run on a treadmill.
My significant other, the R in my life, is an old school environmentalist. This means that he no longer likes the term environmentalist. He believes in sustainable living.
This also means a number of other things:
-It means, driving to the gym to run on a treadmill is not really acceptable to him.
-It means I am forced to recycle. Or more to the point, feel badly about not recycling.
-It means buying locally grown foods- which in winter - despite the farmers market, are scarce here on the prairie. With the exception of homeade pies, (although you know there is some sicko woman at the farmers market, who despite all the rules of the universe, makes pies which have no suger) - thereby proving she has no soul and thusly; locally grown foods here in town are a bust!!
-It means that in the future when I am not looking, he will install solar panels on my home or my garage, or god-love-him, possibly my car.
Which begs the question of the car - To buy my current lease or pay through the nose for hybrid? I really hate this conversation. I'm going to tell him I'm buying an SUV.
-It means that I need be massively concerned and flee the room in angst when words like fossil fuels, global warming, and wind power are mentioned.
-It also means when the political pundits go up against David Suzuki and his ilk on some lame american "news show", I can rest assured there will be gloom and misery around the house for a few hours.
It is a good thing then, that I do love this green, green man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home