Greeneggsandtam

When weak coffee just won't suffice.

Monday, January 08, 2007

Winos

Back in the institution, as it were.
I hate flourescent lights.
Happy New Year!
The holidays were...well... okay (all things considered). R had his surgery on the ninteenth and throughout the holidays has been sore, irritable, and restless. The upshot was when we got him back from the hospital, he was all dopey on the morphine and told me I was the most beautiful woman in the world. Now, I'm not one for drug abuse but..
"More morphine dear?"
"That's right down the hatch my love!"

R's gorgeous children were in town and I am wearing a bracelet his second wife made that his youngest gave to me for Xmas. I feel too young for that sort of thing (second wives and children out of highschool) but I'm not. I just got a really, really slow start on having relationships with functional adults that I don't immediately fuck up.

As a couple we kinda cleaned house for xmas gifts and were given every sort of wine accoutrement a person could imagine. Stoppers, bottles, decanter, and several glasses. My, but we're set for rehab in February.

Due to several occurrances over the holiday I've come to the realization that perhaps this relationship with R may not be a forever sort of thing. You know - just the sort of thing where you think that may be the case when several hormones are involved and stupid promises are made. Yikes. I can be such a dummy.
I had to imagine that I may be on my own one day soon and came to the decision that I would be all right with that. It's made it much easier to deal with things - not always worrying about what might happen.

Anyways must go and figure out what little assignment to do with my grade nines.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home