The Harness
Crazy!!! You simply wouldn't believe the sports bra I bought. Endorsed by Oprah! This thing is bullet proof I'm sure. Unbelievable. I was on the treadmill this morning sporting my new runners and on the other end it felt as though I was wearing a harness. What a time we live in!
R is in B.C. installing cabinets this week and I've been on the phone to him three times a night. What a couple of goofballs. It feels like I'm in high school.
I still have no kitchen. This would be a travesty if, of course I got upset about these things. However I just think it's kind of funny. The toaster oven is all I need. I think it drives R mad that he just hasn't had the time to finish it.
A woman was beside me on the treadmill this morning. She commented as she left that one day she hoped to be able to run like me. I just about told her about the fancy corset-like bra I was wearing but decided against it. I said "I guess it just takes a bit of time.", and she said the trick is to work towards it slowly. I agreed and she giggled a second, hesitated as though she might add something more, turned and made her way towards the weights. The funny thing was that I was one of three people there who weren't seniors so I suppose by those standards I must have looked like quite the athlete. What a scream. My own self concept is that I look like it took a team of doctors to pry the chips out of my hand and drag me off the couch.
In reality if I went to the gym after school there are a huge bunch of shapely young athletic women and sleek be-muscled men wearing crazily expensive sporting wear and I'd feel stupid with my Oprah bra made specially for those top heavy of us that have an inclination towards masochistic behavior.
Such is life. I go in the morning.
Today I am going to start marking and have a marking festival over the weekend when R and his sons will install my cork flooring.
Hahaha. This is ludicrous. Even as I was typing it, there was a grin on my face. Why do I try to lie like that?
Okay. This is getting long and I've got stuff to do.
R is in B.C. installing cabinets this week and I've been on the phone to him three times a night. What a couple of goofballs. It feels like I'm in high school.
I still have no kitchen. This would be a travesty if, of course I got upset about these things. However I just think it's kind of funny. The toaster oven is all I need. I think it drives R mad that he just hasn't had the time to finish it.
A woman was beside me on the treadmill this morning. She commented as she left that one day she hoped to be able to run like me. I just about told her about the fancy corset-like bra I was wearing but decided against it. I said "I guess it just takes a bit of time.", and she said the trick is to work towards it slowly. I agreed and she giggled a second, hesitated as though she might add something more, turned and made her way towards the weights. The funny thing was that I was one of three people there who weren't seniors so I suppose by those standards I must have looked like quite the athlete. What a scream. My own self concept is that I look like it took a team of doctors to pry the chips out of my hand and drag me off the couch.
In reality if I went to the gym after school there are a huge bunch of shapely young athletic women and sleek be-muscled men wearing crazily expensive sporting wear and I'd feel stupid with my Oprah bra made specially for those top heavy of us that have an inclination towards masochistic behavior.
Such is life. I go in the morning.
Today I am going to start marking and have a marking festival over the weekend when R and his sons will install my cork flooring.
Hahaha. This is ludicrous. Even as I was typing it, there was a grin on my face. Why do I try to lie like that?
Okay. This is getting long and I've got stuff to do.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home