avoidance techniques
Well, its done. Cleaning my sty-like home. Last night I was fighting another bout with extreme laziness. Judas priest! It was bad. Suffice it to say, I'd have been mortified had anyone been round lately. I hadn't given my place a good once over since my step sisters wedding. Sometimes it just seems overwhelming which gives one pause to consider that maybe I just don't handle stress that well. Back to the story you! Where was I?
As I was lolling about on my energy and indeed soul-sucking couch, I took a look around and was frankly a bit embarrassed for myself. At times like this I tend to get a bit paranoid thinking all manner of strangers might be peering in through my windows speculating on what sort of person lives like I do. It was enough to drag me off said couch and into the kitchen to tackle the weeks of dishes, ashtrays, empty glasses, leftover food, spattered sauces, and craft items strewn randomly about in my frenzy of costume forging. eeeeeeEEWW. What an unholy mess. But it's mostly taken care of.
Tonight I've got some laundry to do and some floors to pinesol, but with the correct amount of procrastination and self delusion, I will be able to avoid it.
Therein lies my problem I think. I'm actually planning to avoid and procrastinate. Now I was going to do some marking this period, but I'm all out of time, so I'm off to period three without a plan or marks.When will I learn? It's anyones guess at this point as I'm through the formative years. Maybe I'll just stay here and have another cuppa coffee.
As I was lolling about on my energy and indeed soul-sucking couch, I took a look around and was frankly a bit embarrassed for myself. At times like this I tend to get a bit paranoid thinking all manner of strangers might be peering in through my windows speculating on what sort of person lives like I do. It was enough to drag me off said couch and into the kitchen to tackle the weeks of dishes, ashtrays, empty glasses, leftover food, spattered sauces, and craft items strewn randomly about in my frenzy of costume forging. eeeeeeEEWW. What an unholy mess. But it's mostly taken care of.
Tonight I've got some laundry to do and some floors to pinesol, but with the correct amount of procrastination and self delusion, I will be able to avoid it.
Therein lies my problem I think. I'm actually planning to avoid and procrastinate. Now I was going to do some marking this period, but I'm all out of time, so I'm off to period three without a plan or marks.When will I learn? It's anyones guess at this point as I'm through the formative years. Maybe I'll just stay here and have another cuppa coffee.

1 Comments:
We are so much alike this way. I am writing 50,000 words minimum this month, and today I actually planned my procrastination. I'm ridiculous and fully aware of it.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home