Greeneggsandtam

When weak coffee just won't suffice.

Monday, October 17, 2005

wedding madness

Well the wedding weekend is over and I've recovered. It was a crazy fun night. The wedding itself was short and sweet and the reception thankfully had no speeches or toasts. I like those weddings. I'm not one to sit and listen well. I don't particularly care about Aunt Ida's thoughts on the summer of '82 or the best man's recollection of Grad night. So there you go. I am a curmudgeon when it comes to weddings and tradition be damned, when I do it, it'll be the way baby Jesus wanted it - in Vegas with a man I barely know. Holy moly did I look great! I never feel like I look great at these events and so hot damn to me! I finally got the outfit right and the hair and I hope someone got a good picture because I'm simply not sure if I'll ever get it right again after this point.
The groom's boys and their cousin and I went a bit nutty on the town after all was said and done at the dance and now I'm afraid there are another three twenty something boys out there who must have a very skewed opinion of what a thirty something teacher should be. Yikes. In the words of one of my closest and dearest friends, 'Well its their fault for giving us free wine in the first place!'
You know I'm not too sure just how much of a confessional these blogs should be in the very off chance someone somewhere who knows me happens to read this and finds out what I really think of them or my job or their kid or what I 'm really up to on weekends. I don't really tell anyone I have this blog and aside from one other person it seems a totally anonymous outlet for me and my thoughts. Silly though they may be. Anyhow the week should be a good one and I'm hoping to get out and enjoy the fall a few more times before the prairie winter is upon us.

1 Comments:

Blogger Elan Morgan said...

It's good to be thoughtful about how open you want to be. I pretty much say everything (except for stuff about work, of course) and hope against hope that nobody finds me. Your approach seems much safer.

12:58 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home