interviews and a good sleep
It's that dreaded time of the year again. Yes. Parent - Teacher interviews. I hate them. They are uncomfortable and I can never find the words I need if one of my young charges isn't doing very well - but at least I'm not one of those whiny irritating teachers who take the opportunity to rake the kids' character over the coals in the company of the parents. I'm always cheerful and accomodating and reassuring. There are parents whom I'm sure wonder whether their kids are in the best of hands, and maybe not. I'll leave it at that. What a strange entry...
What else? Hmmm. The weather is beautiful and here I sit. Incidentally I am inside, and to that I say....damnit! I should be outside frolicking in the fall warmness but alas I have marking to do and handouts to file in my disorganized filing cabinet.
Last night I had such a good sleep. I awoke at 3:16 but no scary movie thoughts entered my pea sized brain, and as a result, I slept well, was up in a timely fashion, actually made my lunch and didn't have to stop to get coffee because I had time to make it at home. Which brings me to the cafeteria at our school. It's a travesty what they try to pass off as food. Yuck. The staff meals are at least edible, but seldom healthy, and the woman who runs the place is cheap cheap cheap. The other day I had a terribly salty quiche type thing and on the side was a thimble sized salad which was served in a condiment cup and (no word of a lie here) three croutons wrapped in saran wrap. What the kids are eating would terrify a fast food enthusiast. brrrrr. I get chills.
Tomorrow : more interviews and then YAY the weekend. Oh except I still haven't found anything to wear to the wedding. OK I havent been looking, but the anxiety is still there creeping slowly into my consciousness as the days pass. Fuck.
What else? Hmmm. The weather is beautiful and here I sit. Incidentally I am inside, and to that I say....damnit! I should be outside frolicking in the fall warmness but alas I have marking to do and handouts to file in my disorganized filing cabinet.
Last night I had such a good sleep. I awoke at 3:16 but no scary movie thoughts entered my pea sized brain, and as a result, I slept well, was up in a timely fashion, actually made my lunch and didn't have to stop to get coffee because I had time to make it at home. Which brings me to the cafeteria at our school. It's a travesty what they try to pass off as food. Yuck. The staff meals are at least edible, but seldom healthy, and the woman who runs the place is cheap cheap cheap. The other day I had a terribly salty quiche type thing and on the side was a thimble sized salad which was served in a condiment cup and (no word of a lie here) three croutons wrapped in saran wrap. What the kids are eating would terrify a fast food enthusiast. brrrrr. I get chills.
Tomorrow : more interviews and then YAY the weekend. Oh except I still haven't found anything to wear to the wedding. OK I havent been looking, but the anxiety is still there creeping slowly into my consciousness as the days pass. Fuck.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home