Mrs. Robin
So the summer held all manner of wedding plan. Outrageous and otherwise.
Robin had a crazy idea we should get married in the middle of the room and address all four quadrants of our 'circle' of friends and family as we said our vows. He might have said something about honoring my culture and the four directions. I think he might have gotten a little caught up in my Aboriginal heritage. Or he was high.
We got married at the front of the room and it turned out all right. We only honoured the one direction.
Our marriage commissioner was a tad loopy and for some reason unbeknownst to us declared "Adam" and I husband and wife.
I have no idea who Adam is but I wonder if he knows we got hitched.
Robin and I sang a duet by John Prine and Iris DeMent called
'In Spite of Ourselves' for our guests and it was a hit.
I think.
In our minds anyways.
We are off to a Neil Young concert and I've been trying to work Kentucky Woman into a conversation somewhere to garner a few laughs but haven't been able to.
I'll keep ya posted on that.
Robin had a crazy idea we should get married in the middle of the room and address all four quadrants of our 'circle' of friends and family as we said our vows. He might have said something about honoring my culture and the four directions. I think he might have gotten a little caught up in my Aboriginal heritage. Or he was high.
We got married at the front of the room and it turned out all right. We only honoured the one direction.
Our marriage commissioner was a tad loopy and for some reason unbeknownst to us declared "Adam" and I husband and wife.
I have no idea who Adam is but I wonder if he knows we got hitched.
Robin and I sang a duet by John Prine and Iris DeMent called
'In Spite of Ourselves' for our guests and it was a hit.
I think.
In our minds anyways.
We are off to a Neil Young concert and I've been trying to work Kentucky Woman into a conversation somewhere to garner a few laughs but haven't been able to.
I'll keep ya posted on that.

1 Comments:
Your guys' duet was awesome. It is one of my favourite wedding moments of all time.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home