Confession
I love R's kids. Not solely because they are his kids but also because they are all kind-hearted, funny, and respectful. This isn't to say that they are all the same. They each have their own talents and personalities but I can't say a bad thing about any of their characters. They are just really good people.
They embraced me and my relationship with their father easily. I love them.
Have I gotten it across that I like them?
Good.
The worst thing I could say about the oldest has nothing to do with his character or how I feel about him. It has to do with my bathroom. The kid showers for too long.
Yes. Now that I look at it - I can see how petty it is. And yes, I'll roll with it.
He, honest to goodness, will have a half-hour long shower. His girlfriend once reported to me that she's caught him sitting back and reclining in the shower. I have no idea why this is, but it drives R crazy. It makes him furious to the point of tilting his head back and yelling at the ceiling about his shower being too long. It falls on deaf ears. The boy is in the shower and can't hear.
It wouldn't bother me at all if it weren't for the fact that since they've come to stay with us, the paint is peeling off the ceiling at an alarming rate and we have to put this house up for sale sooner than later.
My confession of the day is this: I've taken to gleefully running the hot water in the kitchen until he exits the shower.
I know. It's a waste of water. It's sneaky and petty and shows I have no character and will not confront him. The funny thing is that he would feel bad and make an honest effort to shorten the showers. He has. But it's not short enough for me and my peeling paint. So there you go. I am no good and I will go to the trouble of wrecking a good hot shower if I feel I'm being hard done by.
They embraced me and my relationship with their father easily. I love them.
Have I gotten it across that I like them?
Good.
The worst thing I could say about the oldest has nothing to do with his character or how I feel about him. It has to do with my bathroom. The kid showers for too long.
Yes. Now that I look at it - I can see how petty it is. And yes, I'll roll with it.
He, honest to goodness, will have a half-hour long shower. His girlfriend once reported to me that she's caught him sitting back and reclining in the shower. I have no idea why this is, but it drives R crazy. It makes him furious to the point of tilting his head back and yelling at the ceiling about his shower being too long. It falls on deaf ears. The boy is in the shower and can't hear.
It wouldn't bother me at all if it weren't for the fact that since they've come to stay with us, the paint is peeling off the ceiling at an alarming rate and we have to put this house up for sale sooner than later.
My confession of the day is this: I've taken to gleefully running the hot water in the kitchen until he exits the shower.
I know. It's a waste of water. It's sneaky and petty and shows I have no character and will not confront him. The funny thing is that he would feel bad and make an honest effort to shorten the showers. He has. But it's not short enough for me and my peeling paint. So there you go. I am no good and I will go to the trouble of wrecking a good hot shower if I feel I'm being hard done by.

1 Comments:
I confess that I am a half-hour showerer. I feel that I am justified, however. I don't shower every day. Instead of having a ten-minute shower every day, I have a twenty- or thirty-minute shower every two or three days.
I was writing to say we should get together soon, but now you don't want to see me at all, do you? I promise I won't use your shower, and I will shower before we meet for the first time in 18 years.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home