Greeneggsandtam

When weak coffee just won't suffice.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

the homestead

Living in sin!!
Well we're into the new homestead. We moved in over the weekend and there are boxes everywhere. The fridge and stove are in the livingroom and kitchen, all the furniture is in the basement, and there are tools everywhere. There is a giant hole between the living room and kitchen and a sort of makeshift counter and sink in there. All the flooring is torn up and on the walls there are remnants of paint, drywall, and wires sticking out at odd spaces. I don't mind the chaos. It's sort of like camping. Without the open fire. It drives R crazy to have this unfinished house and he's been working double time to finish the kitchen. I told him it would suit me fine to just keep the fridge in the dining room but he wasn't so hot on that idea. I think it's a combination of his age and his need for order. I just sort of roll with it and assume it'll all be all right in the end.

Well last week we lost another soccer game and apparently it was to a start up team who had a terrible record. We came to the realization that we are now the team that others simply don't want to lose to. Haha. This amuses me endlessly. We figure we could easily win the drinking contest that's posted in the soccer lounge. It's positive to set realistic goals.

1 Comments:

Blogger Elan Morgan said...

Get a digital camera so I can see your place, wires and all!

12:38 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home