Greeneggsandtam

When weak coffee just won't suffice.

Friday, December 01, 2006

Soapwater

Oh famililar defeat.
What a blow out. We lost 7-0 last night.
Yikes. I had some good plays though, so it was a loss that felt like a win. We were easily out-skilled and I gotta tell ya, playing against a team that good is a learning experience. They had excellent sportsmanship and there was no bitchy little comments and uneccessary roughness or checking. That was good.
There's nothing like a good soccer game, win or lose.
As far as my adult life has gone I've been nothing but sedentary so this soccer thing has made a real difference in my life - as dumb as that may sound.
Playing in the indoor league is quite a bit different than outdoor and the thing that suprised me at first was the dryness of it. It feels as though your throat is parched the whole time. You can feel your lungs hurt and your heart pounding in your ears. It's a smaller field and I would say a whole lot faster.
Last night before Kdub came to pick me up, I washed out my waterbottle and ran out the door and it wasn't until I was on the field I'd realized I hadn't gotten all the soap out of it. My water tasted like dishwater and I was so thirsty and dry I didn't care. I drank flowery meadow soap water like it was from the gods. Like it was the fountain of youth. Like I'd just come out of the desert. You get my point I'm sure.

R and I have had a good week. I still have no kitchen to speak of and I'm quite amazed at how the slow cooker and G.Foreman Grill have held up their end of the bargain. He's working so hard lately that I'd like to do something special for him. Any ideas?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home