Greeneggsandtam

When weak coffee just won't suffice.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Names and the Non-Existent

Knocked out a wall last night in the new pad!! Okay I had very little to do with it. I held the vacuum cleaner.
Afterwards we went to R's mom's house for some soup and when we were leaving it happened...
He called me by his ex's name! Hahaha Which is a stupid name and in fact, adds insult to injury. Altogether makes the experience so weird because he never talks about her unless I ask some random question, it's like she didn't exist.
I was saddened for a moment I guess because all my insecurities come boiling to the surface, but then I must remember they were together for 12 years. Even though he makes it sound as though it were some sort of sentence he had to serve. It wasn't even a mistake. It wasn't as if he thought maybe he should use my name and then decided on hers just to see what would happen. I guess maybe it's just a habit.
We were going to meet at my place afterwards and he phoned to make sure I still wanted to see him. When he got to the door he was met by my sullen face and an oversized shirt that I'd markered my name on in huge lettering. MY NAME IS _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ I told him it was to avoid any further confusion.
We both ended up laughing about it so it turned out to be a great night. I think I might keep the shirt for future name-related mishaps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home