Greeneggsandtam

When weak coffee just won't suffice.

Monday, June 12, 2006

lunch and the weekend

I have gone for my weekly shopping excursion in order to have lunch all week long. I never seem to remember pack my lunch and on the off chance I do remember, there is a 99% probability I will leave it on the counter as I'm rushing to my car in the morning. The odds are bad I ever have a reasonable lunch planned and ready to go at school. Henceforth, my foolproof method is keeping yucky microwaveable meals at school. Un-tasty but practical.

The weekend was rainy but I seem to have come out of it feeling all right. R is going through some tough days in regards to the latest of his many ex-wives. Apparently she is fiercely against him attending a wedding they were both invited to this summer and has uncerimoniously let him know through emails and people they know in common. I'm trying to understand it. It seems like a whole lot of theatrics over one day, but I've never been married or with anyone for any respectable length of time so what do I know? I think, if I've gleaned correctly from our conversations around his past, that they had a very long and tumultuous relationship and he'd like to avoid any confrontation as I assume they get ugly very quickly. It's probably the case that this situation is blown all out of proportion. I can sense these things - I blow things out of proportion all the time. There are just so many people involved and saying stupid things and making assumptions etc. etc...Maybe the long and the short of it is that I don't wish to hear anything further about this woman.

A few months ago I'd have walked away from anything this complicated. How does that work? I woke up today without a knot in my stomach, and without any doubt that right now, this is what's best for me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Elan Morgan said...

I was asked today how I could be friends with my ex-boyfriend when he treated me so badly. When I replied that that was years and years ago and that his shit was his and mine was mine and that he made an excellent friend in the end, she looked at me like I was crazy. It's not crazy. He just made a lousy soul-mate and an excellent best friend. If both parties can't let it go, though, then it sucks for both of you. Too bad.

8:23 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home