Ti Amo
I am now in the process of learning a minimal version domestic bliss. I smile when R asks me what we're doing for dinner or where we're sleeping or what we're doing on the weekend. But of course me being me, there are certain troubling thoughts that keep leaking into the subtext of my thoughts. I keep wondering how long I can spend with one person as I haven't lived with a man for over ten years. There are moments I panic and think, "Oh my God! What have I done? What if I want to be single in two months? What if I get pregnant?" Well now I guess in that case that would be a long time with two people. My doctor told me to take some vitamins high in folic acid (in case a pregnancy were to occur) even it I wasn't specifically planning to have a baby. So when I went to the pharmacy to find them, the pharmacist recommended that I buy the PRENATAL vitamins. Everytime I open my cupboard it's a glaring reminder that my life has changed dramatically in a short short time, and the word PRENATAL pops out at me for a second and slaps me in the face.
Okay.
Relax.
Maybe I've had too much coffee.
Just had a great conversation with one of the staff rabble rousers. What a teacher! From the start of the day until the end, he has over 30 ESL kids in his tiny tiny room. Never complains, and of course the kids love him. We were talking about poverty and our union and art amongst other things. It's comforting to know that there are people on staff that are on the same page as me.
R and I are going to learn Spanish this year. So far we've learned:
Adios
Ola
Ti Amo
Well it's a start.
Okay.
Relax.
Maybe I've had too much coffee.
Just had a great conversation with one of the staff rabble rousers. What a teacher! From the start of the day until the end, he has over 30 ESL kids in his tiny tiny room. Never complains, and of course the kids love him. We were talking about poverty and our union and art amongst other things. It's comforting to know that there are people on staff that are on the same page as me.
R and I are going to learn Spanish this year. So far we've learned:
Adios
Ola
Ti Amo
Well it's a start.

1 Comments:
Ive always found, "donde es el bano" very useful, especially if you are a lush such as myself. Knowing where the bathroom is before drinking profuse amounts of alcohol couldn't hurt anyone. Also, demme un brassos means "give me your lips", you never know...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home