skinned knees...
Two hours until my lunch arrives. In the form of mom toting soup and sandwiches through a hallway laden with high school madness. I always anticipate unhealthy, and deliciously greasy and in truth it turns out to be healthy and salad-dy. I will live with it and endure. She's a great mom and I'm very lucky to have her. I don't believe she wants me to go away next year all that much, but a year isn't all that long. I will miss her if I get to go. Our last school lunch wasn't very pleasant. She's incredibly intuitive and there's no hiding anything from her. It's good to have someone who knows you that well, even though they have a tendency to say things you don't like to hear from time to time.
This morning I went from R's place directly to the gym, and there was a parent of one of my students. He was in swim trunks. I don't know how I feel about seeing him nearly naked. Who am I kidding. I know how I feel about it. He's an attractive man.
The remainder of my teaching day is remarkably easy. We are watching Les Miserables for two of my history classes.
"can you hear the people sing
singing the songs of angry men
these are the voices of a people
who will not be hurt again..."
I'll have that one in my head for the entire day. Oh good. It's one of those horrible tunes from the musical and it sounds so funny on the brain. I can see the poor people marching across the stage as I sit here happily typing away.
I think this week will be one of the last weeks at soccer. What fun. I really like hanging out with Kdub and Andrea even if it does mean skinning my knee from time to time. Yikes. My piece of advice to you? Don't ever try to balance on a soccer ball when it is still in motion, and you as well are in motion. You will not find balance. You will not find success. You will find the skin of your knee upon the floor. I cannot stress this enough. Physics is not a myth.
This morning I went from R's place directly to the gym, and there was a parent of one of my students. He was in swim trunks. I don't know how I feel about seeing him nearly naked. Who am I kidding. I know how I feel about it. He's an attractive man.
The remainder of my teaching day is remarkably easy. We are watching Les Miserables for two of my history classes.
"can you hear the people sing
singing the songs of angry men
these are the voices of a people
who will not be hurt again..."
I'll have that one in my head for the entire day. Oh good. It's one of those horrible tunes from the musical and it sounds so funny on the brain. I can see the poor people marching across the stage as I sit here happily typing away.
I think this week will be one of the last weeks at soccer. What fun. I really like hanging out with Kdub and Andrea even if it does mean skinning my knee from time to time. Yikes. My piece of advice to you? Don't ever try to balance on a soccer ball when it is still in motion, and you as well are in motion. You will not find balance. You will not find success. You will find the skin of your knee upon the floor. I cannot stress this enough. Physics is not a myth.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home