Greeneggsandtam

When weak coffee just won't suffice.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Goggles and Snow

What. The. Hell. Is. This.
Lousy end of season snowstorm.

Lousy clumped-up-with-snow-windshield-wiper-making-my-drive-to-work-treacherously-close-to-late!

That is now out of my system. And...I'm good to go.
Last night I decided it would be a good idea to get to the Y to do a few laps around the pool. Actually I guess a person really just goes back and forth. Not around the pool. That makes it sound as though I'm maybe walking around it, or driving a racecar around it. I just swam.
With a mildly irritating case of leaky goggles.
And the story behind it is this:

My other pair of goggles (bless it's tired, broken, little, rubbery plastic soul) has bought the farm. They were old. So old that when I went to adjust the size of them, the rubber of the strap just snapped, leaving me goggle-less.
I phoned Canadian Tire to make sure they had goggles (not sure it being February and all ) and off I went.

Let me just say right now that I'm putting a moratorium on me shopping alone for anything. Ever.

I grabbed the first pair that didnt have jaunty little cartoon fish along the side or come with a snorkel and other beachy accesories. Lo, I grabbed a much cooler pair.
When I got to my car I realized there was tyke on the front of the package and it read (the package - not the kid) in huge letters:
3-D HOLOGRAM ON EACH LENS
Wow. Kids nowadays. Indeed on each lense there was holographic 3-D skull. I thought they weren't so bad, and they fit, so I was off to the lane swim. Feeling reckless and knowing I'd look extra intimidating to all the seniors that were sure to be there, I kind of jumped the gun and ended up sitting in the whirlpool thingy by myself because I was there early and had to wait for the aquasize to end. What a dork.
In the end it turned out that there was no foam on the outside edges of said goggles and I ended up filling up each eye with copious amounts of chlorine. I had a date and it ended up I had to endure the first half an hour with a bright red eye.
Damnit.
I'm not off the swimming just yet, but I'll have to invest in some adult goggles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home