Expensive and Comfortable
Okay I'm going to have to learn more about my computer because there are a multitude of things I would love to share by way of little pictures.
Everytime I go to Schmutzie's or Miss Nicola's website, I am always happy to see some visual little suprise. I gawk in envy.
Today I am getting an impromptu clinic on the usage of something called Illustrator and Photoshop from one of my colleagues. This makes me happy and brings me back to the days of Graphic Arts College. What a holy-to-god waste of money for my mom. Times were good though. I was striking out into my early adulthood armed with a pack of cigarettes and a taste for amateur drawing. I learned quickly- that I had absolutely no interest or aptitude for becoming a graphic designer although I really loved all the Art History, Sculpture, and Drawing. The city where the college was situated was five hours away from home and filled with all manner of new experience for a young gal. No parental hassle, bars, boys, lawn ornaments aplenty....I thought it was wonderful.
Whew.
Back to reality Tam.
Yesterday I got myself a different car and if I'd stayed in graphic design or had more than a rudimentary understanding of this glowing box in front of me I'd show you what it looks like. The incredible thing about the whole experience was the salesman. Bless him - he was a different sort of fella who used phrases like:
"If you add in the extra bells and whistles, you'll find it'll be a little expensiver"
and
"The console in the middle is designed to make your arm comfortabler as you drive"
I am still beside myself.
Okay...time to get some work done. Kids are here...marking to do.
Everytime I go to Schmutzie's or Miss Nicola's website, I am always happy to see some visual little suprise. I gawk in envy.
Today I am getting an impromptu clinic on the usage of something called Illustrator and Photoshop from one of my colleagues. This makes me happy and brings me back to the days of Graphic Arts College. What a holy-to-god waste of money for my mom. Times were good though. I was striking out into my early adulthood armed with a pack of cigarettes and a taste for amateur drawing. I learned quickly- that I had absolutely no interest or aptitude for becoming a graphic designer although I really loved all the Art History, Sculpture, and Drawing. The city where the college was situated was five hours away from home and filled with all manner of new experience for a young gal. No parental hassle, bars, boys, lawn ornaments aplenty....I thought it was wonderful.
Whew.
Back to reality Tam.
Yesterday I got myself a different car and if I'd stayed in graphic design or had more than a rudimentary understanding of this glowing box in front of me I'd show you what it looks like. The incredible thing about the whole experience was the salesman. Bless him - he was a different sort of fella who used phrases like:
"If you add in the extra bells and whistles, you'll find it'll be a little expensiver"
and
"The console in the middle is designed to make your arm comfortabler as you drive"
I am still beside myself.
Okay...time to get some work done. Kids are here...marking to do.

1 Comments:
Oh yes, I'm all for pictures. Photoshop can seem complicated, but once you figure out the three things you want to use it for, it's a piece of cake.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home