Goodbye
KH -
She had the worst love life I'd ever heard of. Terrible luck with men. She knew her final boyfriend didn't treat her right. At the time of the conversation she was open to letting it go and forgiving him for the terrible New Year's Eve; for the maxed out credit card; for her car; for the loans she'd paid off for him. Maybe she just wanted him to love her. I don't know. I do know that she was a good person, and I liked her.
As a team, we only really knew her for a year.
Off she goes to Singapore, and we get an email telling us she's passed on.
Life is short.
Tonight the team will forfeit the game and meet at a bar to reminisce, and celebrate her life. I will ride my bike, and likely come home very, very late. I am good at celebrating.
We will have a toast to KH and her life.
She had the worst love life I'd ever heard of. Terrible luck with men. She knew her final boyfriend didn't treat her right. At the time of the conversation she was open to letting it go and forgiving him for the terrible New Year's Eve; for the maxed out credit card; for her car; for the loans she'd paid off for him. Maybe she just wanted him to love her. I don't know. I do know that she was a good person, and I liked her.
As a team, we only really knew her for a year.
Off she goes to Singapore, and we get an email telling us she's passed on.
Life is short.
Tonight the team will forfeit the game and meet at a bar to reminisce, and celebrate her life. I will ride my bike, and likely come home very, very late. I am good at celebrating.
We will have a toast to KH and her life.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home