Greeneggsandtam

When weak coffee just won't suffice.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

karma debacle

Aaaaaand... we're back.
First day of school with lovely kids and have had several come to my class just to shoot the shit. Man, I love my job.
On the agenda for today:
- photocopy a couple acres worth of trees in stupid class outlines for Art 9.
-consequently worry how this will affect my karma.
-go to grocery store at noon and buy organic food to make up for karmic debacle.
-will likely realize organic food is trucked in from california and worry once again about karma.
-will decide to bike to work for the rest of week to make up for organic food-fossil fuel-karma-debacle.
-will go camping with R on long weekend and drive several miles in car to do so and subsequently undo all good work done by biking to work all week.

As Deepak's book might suggest, perhaps I should maybe detach from all this Karmic anxiety and focus in on sound of door creaking, children playing out in courtyard and sunlight in the courtyard of the school. Live in the moment. R says I'm very good at detaching and living in the moment. I would worry that I'm not so good at attaching and looking a few moments into the future. Maybe if I did, I'd be on time more often. Or I wouldn't be so suprised when unfortunate things happen. Oh well.

Soccer last night was quite fun. R came to watch for the first time. I was worried about it for some odd reason what with him being one of these athletic-y type people, but the game was OK (we only lost by three) and I played, well let's just say I didn't get hurt. R says I'm one of the better players on the team. This doesn't bode well for the team.

Anyways I should get to photocopying my outlines, and wrecking my karma.

1 Comments:

Blogger Elan Morgan said...

Hoorah! Now I get to keep up with your life again. This blogging thing is fabulous for the lazy.

11:32 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home