Greeneggsandtam

When weak coffee just won't suffice.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Long Weekend


The Long Weekend:

Started out with some more roller-coasater-y relationship trouble with R. We had a big and ugly disagreement and learned some more about each other. I told my mom about it and she said you'd never appreciate the good days without having a few bad ones. Overall though - R made a good point, we have more good days than bad. We're doing just fine.

I am an aunt. My step sister had a baby on Friday and his name is Logan Alexander. A fine Scottish name. No one in our family is Scottish but it sure is a fine Scottish name. He's small.

Sunday was one of the best days. Ever!! Why you ask? Yardwork. Mom bought us a lawnmower. It is a reel mower so we aren't polluting the environment more than we need to. It's not very manly I don't think. Instead of the roar of the gas powered lawnmowers, this really emits a whine. It's more of a whirring-groan.
We bought bedding plants and I made space for a little garden. I saw three centipedes. Actually I'm pretty sure the third one was really the second little guy - just that he crawled over a bit. Freaky little creatures... make me feel like I've got bugs all over me just as a result of seeing them.
Oh, and heavens I almost forgot. We built a big compost bin in the backyard. With our recycling system our garbage output will be almost negligable.

R's oldest son and his girlfriend were in town for the weekend and they are so nice. I like being around his kids. There are moments that I've had, wondering if I want that for myself. Kids, I mean.
I won't go into that right now. It is too early.
Anyways I'm going to post this now and see if I have FINALLY managed to put an image on this GD blog. If not, I shall keep a paper journal and post it up on the street corner daily as I will surely have better luck with adding an image to it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Elan Morgan said...

I can see the lawn mower! Brilliant!

12:43 p.m.  
Blogger Mrs. Dymund said...

That is a lovely lawn mower. It is very like the kind of lawn mower we want to get next year.

God, guys, we ARE old. Getting excited about lawn mowers.

1:39 p.m.  
Blogger greeneggsandtam said...

Hahahah. True. But again, I've always been a dork.

2:38 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home