I've been bested.
I started off the day in a bad mood. That NEVER happens. I'm goofy. This is how I am. I find the humour in almost everything. But boy, was I bitter this morning. I don't know why. However my classroom neighbour really made my day.
This is how - and let me start by saying, I'm forgetful. This is also how I am. I forget things. I lose my keys, misplace almost everything and the organized person would find my home purely and frighteningly nonsensical. I'm not sure if it's brought on by wasted youth by way of neighbourhood pubs in university, or an unfortunate skiing incident I don't care to mention. Probably not. I've always been forgetful, in fact , the field in front of my childhood home likely houses the lionshare of keys I'd lost during my elementary school days. (Mom eventually just quit locking our door.) I once misplaced a trombone and a Hyundai Excel. One was alcohol induced - you guess which. The point of the story is my classroom neighbour is uptight. He teaches math, his students are silent, while mine yell, play loud music and generally behave as teenaged monkeys. His desk is the exemplar of tidy. You get the picture... This morning at 7:15 he walks into his class room as he always does...(Holy christ - who comes to school that freakin early??) takes off his jacket and ...wait for it....wait for it...
No shirt.
Haaahaaaaa. Beautiful. I sit here giggling. No spilt coffee could ruin my day now. I have a shirt on. I came to school with it and I barely had to plan to pull that one off. He'll never live that one down. Not while I'm around. Phew.
What else? As the campaigning for my chosen party starts this weekend, I shall be braving the cold and delivering flyers, elections signs and goodness know what else. I love election time. There's always good conversation and something palpably hopeful over the horizon. Makes me wonder why I was in a bad mood this morning thinking about it. Although you know the one thing about this campaign is this: There is a guy (there's always a guy isn't there?) who has come from out of town to work in this riding. I've always had somewhat of a crush on him, and of course made the mistake of admitting to it before he moved (COME ON, I didn't think I'd see him again and besides...who doesn't like a little flattery?) during one of my preliminary forays into the world of too f'n much red wine. Suffice it to say, it's less than comfortable. Maybe he's forgotten. What a stupid thing to do. Gah!!! I'm going to make a worksheet for my grade nines so I can block that stupid memory for the time being. Aughhh. My brain is swimming in shame and embarassment. I'm so extravagantly dumb sometimes... At least I have a shirt on...At least I have a shirt on....At least I have a shirt on....
This is how - and let me start by saying, I'm forgetful. This is also how I am. I forget things. I lose my keys, misplace almost everything and the organized person would find my home purely and frighteningly nonsensical. I'm not sure if it's brought on by wasted youth by way of neighbourhood pubs in university, or an unfortunate skiing incident I don't care to mention. Probably not. I've always been forgetful, in fact , the field in front of my childhood home likely houses the lionshare of keys I'd lost during my elementary school days. (Mom eventually just quit locking our door.) I once misplaced a trombone and a Hyundai Excel. One was alcohol induced - you guess which. The point of the story is my classroom neighbour is uptight. He teaches math, his students are silent, while mine yell, play loud music and generally behave as teenaged monkeys. His desk is the exemplar of tidy. You get the picture... This morning at 7:15 he walks into his class room as he always does...(Holy christ - who comes to school that freakin early??) takes off his jacket and ...wait for it....wait for it...
No shirt.
Haaahaaaaa. Beautiful. I sit here giggling. No spilt coffee could ruin my day now. I have a shirt on. I came to school with it and I barely had to plan to pull that one off. He'll never live that one down. Not while I'm around. Phew.
What else? As the campaigning for my chosen party starts this weekend, I shall be braving the cold and delivering flyers, elections signs and goodness know what else. I love election time. There's always good conversation and something palpably hopeful over the horizon. Makes me wonder why I was in a bad mood this morning thinking about it. Although you know the one thing about this campaign is this: There is a guy (there's always a guy isn't there?) who has come from out of town to work in this riding. I've always had somewhat of a crush on him, and of course made the mistake of admitting to it before he moved (COME ON, I didn't think I'd see him again and besides...who doesn't like a little flattery?) during one of my preliminary forays into the world of too f'n much red wine. Suffice it to say, it's less than comfortable. Maybe he's forgotten. What a stupid thing to do. Gah!!! I'm going to make a worksheet for my grade nines so I can block that stupid memory for the time being. Aughhh. My brain is swimming in shame and embarassment. I'm so extravagantly dumb sometimes... At least I have a shirt on...At least I have a shirt on....At least I have a shirt on....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home